Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Juliette Dress and Top Tour


The Juliette Dress and Top is the latest pattern from Sewpony Patterns. It was designed in collaboration with Jill from Kneesocks and Goldilocks. I have always admired both of these talented ladies for their sewing skills and good taste in clothing design.  When Jill asked me if I wanted to be in the pattern tour, I didn't think twice about saying yes! 


This patterns has all the details that I look for in a pattern. It comes with various options, such as button placket, ruffle collar or plain neckline, long or short sleeve, etcetera. The vintage vibe of this pattern is also something that I love in clothing. 


For this top, I decided to use a vintage sheet that I have had for a few years. It was just waiting for the perfect pattern and this one was the winner! My favorite part of this top, is the ruffle collar. I think it adds a feminine touch to the design. 
Note: I finished the back of the collar different from what was instructed in the pattern. 

For the button closure, I used a shell button. I was particularly looking for a wooden button, but I couldn't find one in my stash, so the shell button was a close second. I think it looks great though! I also finished the back ruffle collar a little different than how the patterns instructs it, because I wanted to have the ruffle separate from the closure. It's just my personal preference. :D


This top also inspired me to make a skirt that would go well with this top. I drafted a simple gathered skirt with a flat front waistband and suspenders. I wanted to pair it with a vintage looking skirt and that is the design that first came to my mind. 


The oatmeal colored skirt pairs perfectly with the top, because it's a neutral color and doesn't distract too much from the beautiful top. 


The back of the skirt has crossed suspenders and also has the same shell buttons I used on the top, except these ones are a little bigger. 

For this mini photoshoot, I had to hurry up and take the photos in less than 10 minutes, because there were some vicious mosquitos eating us alive (see photo below). Hahaha! :D



If you would like to purchase your copy of this pattern, Suzanne is offering a 10% discount on all sewpony patterns withe the code DRESSEDINSEWPONY. It will be valid until June 1st, so don't delay. You can buy it from her pattern shop here.

Also, don't forget to check out the beautiful creations of the other participants in the tour:

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty top - I love the vintage vibe! And that skirt is the perfect pairing with the top. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet!! I LOVE yellow vintage floral and I am glad you finally used your sheet for this project!! The skirt and suspenders look great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!