Tuesday, July 16, 2013

KCW-Summer Challenge Day 2- Vintage Style Jumper

So far it has been very challenging to finish sewing and taking pictures of the garment on time, but I'm finally done with the outfit for day 2.

This time I made a vintage style jumper for my little girl. I used the Simplicity pattern #2167  called "Child's Dresses and Hanger Cover".  I used a vintage table runner, I bought a thrift store a long time ago. I just fell in love with the embroidery on this table runner and I thought that it would look really cute in a girl's dress.

I really like the end result. I also added a white eyelet underskirt to give it more body to the skirt. On the bodice I used a Michael Miller fabric from the collection called "Children at play" and I used a couple of vintage buttons from my collection.








I tried to take good pictures of my daughter wearing the dress, but at this time of the day the sun is really bright and it was really a challenge, but here are the pictures. Enjoy!



The dress is a little big on her, but that's alright, because it will fit her for a while. 


See you tomorrow! 

P.S.: I hope I finish on time, haha!



Maria F. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!