It's been a while since I blogged. The reason why I was absent from the blogging world, for about 3 weeks is because, my husband's grandmother passed away (in the middle of the Kids Clothes Week Summer Challenge) and we were busy visiting her on her last moments and attending the funeral. That is why I didn't finish the Kids Clothes Week, but I'm happy I at least did 3 days out of the week.
Anyway, August is a new month and we are starting fresh!
My kids have been asking me to make them a tee-pee for some time now, and I finally made one. I first cut out the pieces and I left them laying on my ironing board for a while, because just thinking I had to sew that huge thing made me feel tired, haha! But last week I decided to finally finish it and make room in my sewing room (which I really need).
I used the Butterick pattern B4251.
Sewing the tee-pee was not as hard as I expected, it was just a lot of work. The most dificult thing about sewing the tee-pee was sewing all the pieces together, because 15 yards of fabric can be heavy.
I decided to use vintage bed sheets, instead of new fabric for 2 reasons:
- It was my first time sewing a tee-pee and I didn't want to risk ruining new fabric
-It was a lot cheaper.
But I have to say, it turned out really cute! I painted woodland animals, birds, and butterflies to make it look more fun and appealing to the kids. Since it was too expensive to buy a lot of fabric paint to paint the tee-pee, I decided to find a fabric paint medium to turn acrylic into fabric paint. Luckily, I found the fabric paint medium at Michaels. It's from Martha Stewart (see pics below).
Here are other views of the tee-pee:
|View from inside|
That's all for now.
Thanks for visiting my blog and come back soon!