Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Top Knot Romper -Pants and Shorts Versions


I had the opportunity to test pattern from Chalk and Notch, the Top Knot Romper. This pattern is seriously so well drafted and illustrated. I can tell Gabriella Longfish poured her heart into this pattern. It is very detailed and well explained, with easy step by step instructions and an interactive table of contents! If you decide to buy it, you will not be disappointed. 

The pattern comes with many variations including, short sleeve, long sleeve, shorts, pants and dress version (maxi and knee length), making it perfect for every season and any personal preference your little one might have. It comes in sizes 18-24 months to 12 years. 


Below is my first is the short sleeve with shorts version. I made a size 7 for my little one and it fits great! It is comfortable, trendy and modest! What more can you ask? :D


For this one, I used a linen and a quilting cotton fabric from Alexander Henry, called Paris Flea Market Friends. I had it in my stash for a long time and this pattern was the perfect occasion to use it!





As you can see on the picture below, the bodice has 3 pleats along the seam where the from meets the back. It makes this pattern unique and sophisticated. I love it!


Below is the pants version. For this one I also used quilting cotton fabric and added elastic along the hem of the pants. I like both the shorts and pants versions. This one is perfect for the colder days of Spring and Fall or even summer too, if you choose a light weight fabric. 









Back view

Thanks for reading my review. As always, all reviews on this blog are my own honest opinion about the patterns.

If you would like to purchase this pattern, you may do so directly form Chalk and Notch here or from Upcraft club here.

Have a great day!


---Maria. 





3 comments:

  1. Maria, thank you so much! I hadn't seen your second version :) so happy your enjoyed it enough to make two! I think your pineapple fabric is adorable!!! Thank you for all of your help and your beautiful photos!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions! Your daughter looks so adorable in them. Love your fabrics, too. Now I'm really tempted to try out the long pants version, maybe for the autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!